Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Realization

I've now posted two stories that I've written to this blog, and in a few moments, I am going to be posting another. And I can't help but pause for a moment and wonder if this was somehow a part of the plan all along. Not intentionally, of course. In the beginning, I could not imagine sharing what I've written in this manner, but after my first story was posted, the response was immediate and slightly overwhelming. And it appears I've found a small outlet for my creativity for now.

That's not to say that this blog is suddenly going to be just about posting stories, nosiree! I will be posting the odd bit here and there, sometimes rambling, sometimes ranting, perhaps even, if I'm tipsy and in a good mood, I'll make a social commentary that I will undoubtedly regret at some point in the future.

But for now, it seems a good enough place for me to introduce some stories.

Thanks for joining me and reading.

1 comment:

  1. Love the stories D.

    I have a blog too but don't post anything anymore for fear of professional retribution. Or being found out by someone like a prospective employer. I once went for an interview and was told by the three people that they'd all independently googled me before I got there. That worried me.

    I've been on the Internet for so many years that I've lost my anonymity. Guess I need a new name or identity?

    Anyway, I'm glad your blog won't be *all* stories, I look forward to your commentary, drunken or not.

    ReplyDelete