Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Favorite Words

I have two lists of favorite words. The first list of words is small, and it contains words that are fun to say. I like the way my mouth feels when I sound the words.  I love the shapes my mouth has to make in order to pronounce those words.

Veritable.

Malleable.

The words on the second list are also fun. They appeal to me because of the way I feel when I say them.  One part of the list is empowering; they make me feel strong and in control. Another part just makes me feel good, I like what they are.  All of the words on this list are Hard "c" words; either begin or end with the letter "c."

The empowering words only became so within the past couple of years. Before then, they were taboo or bad or naughty or dirty. They weren't spoken out loud or in mixed company, either by a man or woman. But using them; saying them and writing them gave me power over them, instead of holding power over me. They are only words, after all. a string of letters. But I control these words. They mean what I want them to mean, stand what I want them to stand for and convey an image I am projecting.  These words will never embarrass me or make me feel small or cheap or somehow worth less than full measure.

Cunt

I've written a post about this word already, but let me tell you, I still take great, great pleasure in using this word; in pronouncing it, using it in stories, saying it during private times and when I'm pissed off.

Cock
Fuck (admittedly, probably my favorite word)
Dick
Clit
Rock
Soak
Spank
Suck

Some of these words came into my vocabulary when I began writing again, eighteen months ago. Yep, eighteen months. That's it. This isn't the entire list of empowering words, but the most prevalent.

Other words include

CARS -  I LOVE fast cars!
Cash
Cookies
Coke
Crayons
Candy
CAPtain Morgan
VodKa (okay, it's actually a K; fucking sue me, I still like the way it makes me feel and it's my list!)
music

There are others, but seriously,  those words make me smile and feel happy.  They are good words. And they're mine.

What are your words?

1 comment:

  1. great list, and I know exactly what you mean. Until recently I could not stand the word cunt. It was perhaps the worst insult I could call another woman, but nowI see it as so much more than an insult (though if I call you a cunt you better fucking run ... seriously)> I am embracing my inner cunt and taking on the world! I ill have to think of my list of words I like to say ...
    The word I hate the most to say though is easy ... SLATHER ...

    ReplyDelete